Whipped coffee or dalalgona coffee is a Korean coffee trend. Through social media as Tic Tok it has risen in popularity. It normally consists of a thick layer of fluffy coffee, layered on top of iced milk. Total ingredients are normally instant coffee, sugar, water and milk. It has gained popularity during the Coronavirus and became known as the quarantine coffee.
Basic procedures for making the whipped coffee is listed below. It is often made with variations of this procedure and differs depending on who explains it. For a simple basic ingredients include:
2 tablespoons of instant coffee
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of water
1 cup of milk
Add ice as an option.
Directions to make include.
- Add coffee and sugar to a bowl.
- Heat the water to boil, then pour over ingredients. Stir till dissolved.
- Mix the ingredients for 2-4 minutes until stiffs peaks are formed.
- In a drinking vessel add the milk either hot or over ice. As you wish.
- Scoop the whipped coffee mix and add to the top of the milk.
- Stir and enjoy.